Growing research about ACT demonstrates its efficacy for a wide range of diagnoses and life problems. It helps people accept their internal experiences while moving towards the life they value.
At this experiential workshop you will establish a foundational understanding of Psychological Flexibility, develop skills for using ACT and learn about Relational Frame Theory (RFT).
Over the two days you will learn how to:
- help clients hold their painful thoughts and emotions gently; identify and actively move towards their values; and develop awareness of the present moment and their capacity to observe it.
- develop a therapeutic relationship in which support can be provided compassionately and flexibly.
- formulate life struggles from an ACT perspective.
- practice ACT exercises and relate the concepts back to your own life and clinical experiences.
- meet clients where they are and foster their willingness to change
Lunches and morning teas are included.